Beyond Collaboration Overload is based on over a decade of research studying successful people and how they collaborate. The book reveals how these high performers collaborate in ways that enable them to be 18-24% more efficient than their peers. It then proceeds to show how successful people invest this time in ways that promote performance and well-being in today’s hyper-connected world.
Through in depth stories, coaching breaks and tools Beyond Collaboration Overload will show you how to break your work addiction and reclaim close to a day a week by:
- Identifying and challenging beliefs that lead us to jump into collaborative work too quickly
- Imposing structure in our work to shield from unproductive collaboration and
- Altering behaviors to create efficiencies in collaborations
The book then proceeds to the right side of the infinity loop to show how more successful people invest this new time to collaborate in ways that generate performance and well-being by:
- Cultivating and then mobilizing a broad network – not a big one – for innovation and scale
- Collaborating in ways that energize others – typically a 4x predictor of high performance and
- Connecting with others in ways that reduce micro-stressors and enhance physical and mental well-being
Throughout the book shows people how to play offense in this hyper-connected world and not fall prey to work addictions that will undermine success.